Welcome to the Mutual 1 website!
With our abundant greenbelts, friendly neighborhood atmosphere and close proximity to amenities, many people consider Mutual One to be the best mutual in Leisure World. You can learn more and get involved in our community by attending board of directors, committee and shareholder meetings.
|04/28/2017 – April Meeting Agenda
This month’s board meeting agenda is now available online.
|03/23/2017 – March Meeting Minutes
The month’s board meeting minutes are now available online.
|Featured news article – Foresight, solid reserves, strong leadership are recipes for success
Click to read the Mutual 1 featured article.
|07/13/2016 – Annual Meeting Minutes
This year’s annual board meeting minutes are now online. Click here for the director reports.
|Projects: Mutual One is very proud to have completed our roofs and started our Repiping. The Mutual Board appreciates your patience during these necessary improvements. Be thankful your mutual had the funds to complete these costly project.
- New Roofs – COMPLETED ✓
- New Pipes – COMPLETED ✓
- Sewers – 2013-2018
- Laundry Room fees have increased. Too many repairs to our machines caused by placing wrong items, such as: hand washed items directly in dryers, heavy rugs, oil stained clothes & blankets in both washers and dryers. In addition selecting the highest temperature for dryers for over 60 minutes, is causing burn out of the motors. Treat the machines like you would your own. The Board is considering going to an outside vendor and renting machines. Stay tuned for details.
- Parking is a huge issue – only cars with LW stickers may park in our carports. We cannot give parking permits for trust streets. If your car has been damaged and you have a rental- you can call the Hotline- request a Temporary Parking Pass for you or your visitor. Give a start date and a ending date. A Temporary Pass will be put in your mailbox within a few days. This must be displayed on the drivers side dashboard! Otherwise you will be ticketed.
- Landscape: The Board is going out to bid when the landscape contract with Andre expires (07/31/17).
- Landscaping Contract: A new contract has been prepared and will be reviewed at the April Board meeting
- Pests Control: Fenn sprays our laundry rooms every 3 months to keep bugs from spreading to our units. Remember if you need service inside your unit, call the Hotline by Monday. The list is created on Tues for Fenn for service on Wednesday. You can request am or pm- however it depends on their schedule.
- Electrical Outages: Please be prepared with lanterns, flashlights and batteries, as these outages can occur at the most inconvenient times.
- Sidewalk lamp post: The Board approved all 385 lamps to be powder coated. The process allows each post to last longer.
- Elections. Filing for Election Period has passed. Mu One has 9 Board of Directors. 5 members will run again in 2018. Only 4 will be on the ballot this year: Ruben Collazo 23L,
Fred Holtzer 55H, Phil Singer 22G and George Tous 11F. Ballots will be mailed May 13th and the Election will be on Monday June 12 at 9am Clubhouse 4. Show your support and vote.