Welcome to the Mutual 1 website!
With our abundant greenbelts, friendly neighborhood atmosphere and close proximity to amenities, many people consider Mutual One to be the best mutual in Leisure World. You can learn more and get involved in our community by attending board of directors, committee and shareholder meetings.
|07/28/2022 – July Board Meeting Minutes (Draft)
The Minutes from this month’s board meeting are now available.
|07/28/2022 – July Board Meeting Agenda
The Agenda from this month’s board meeting are now available.
|2021 Operating Budget
Click the link above to view the 2021 operating budget.
|Leisure World – Independent Living Article
Click the link above to read an independent living article.
|05/28/2020 – No Wipes in the Pipes
Click here to view information about toilet stoppages.
Click the link above for updated helpline information.
|Laundry Room Repairs for Leased Machines
Click the link above for instructions on how to notify company for repairs.
|05/03/2019 – Amended and Restated Bylaws
The unofficial document version has been posted. Please click the following link to view Mutual One Restated Bylaws.
|09/17/2018 – Vehicles – Registering/Parking/Carports/Citations
Mutual 1 allows one vehicle per resident. Click here for more information.
|Projects: Your Board of Directors are proud to be the First Mutual to complete the two (2) very costly projects: Roofs and Repipe (water into building)
The Board appreciates your patience while these very necessary repairs were being done, on our property. Just be Thankful that your Mutual started the Reserves about 10 years ago under the Presidency of David Julian. The fees collected allowed us to pay weekly and to complete both projects within 3 years.
- Roofs – COMPLETED ✓
- Repipe – COMPLETED ✓
- Sewers – 2018-2022
- Laundry Rooms: All laundry machines are leased from Wash Family Laundry. Washer cost reduced to $.75 per load. Dryer cost $.25 for 45 minutes. If repairs are needed a sticker is attached to each machine. You may call or for your convenience you can download an app called: Fix Laundry. Just enter machine # and problem…… quick and easy.
- Parking: Mutual One Board recently approved only one car per person. We are not a storage facility, we have limited street parking available and hope you understand why this policy is in place. This policy will be in effect when you register or re-register your vehicle with Security. This restriction does not apply to golf carts or bicycles.
- Landscape: Our new landscaping is J and J Landscaping. They are responsible for cutting the grass both by your unit and the large green spaces. They also maintain the small flower area adjacent to your unit. They will trim plants and cultivate the soil. If you do not wish to have their service, contact the Landscape Chair, Eileen Merritt 562-804-8718 (#1) to secure little red flags. These should be placed in the flower beds; you may need four or six. When the gardeners see your flags they will skip your garden area. Please do not make “special requests” of the gardeners, they are on a strict schedule and cannot respond to individual requests. Should you require special services, contact Eileen and she will make the necessary arrangements. These special requests may incur a charge for which the shareholder is responsible.
- Pests: We use Fenn Exterminators to respond to ants, cockroaches, termites and gophers. You can request service for either a Monday or Wednesday. Call the Helpline 562-804-8718 (#2) remember to state your unit # and the day you prefer also please tell them what pests they will be treating. Remember you must be home to have service inside your unit. They can spray outside your unit without you being there.
- Gophers: If you suddenly see mounds of dirt outside your unit or in the green space, please call Helpline 562-804-8718 (#2). This is generally a sign of gopher activity and we will schedule Fenn to treat the little critters. You may also see black rodent bait traps along walls, in the laundry drying areas, and near the carports. Please do not remove these. The unit should be against the wall with the holes along the wall. Each month Fenn re-baits these boxes to keep rodent activity under control.